About this Walk
We will explore the history of Calgary through the Eau Claire buildings and streets, the up and downs of its economy and a vision of its future as seen through the eyes of a hopeful newcomer and Eau Claire resident. This is a walking conversation. We will share our knowledge, but also encourage discussion and participation among the walkers. Note: walk ends at the Peace Bridge so give yourself time to return to the start.
- Eau Claire Market – SW Parking corner – The Smokestack and the dark 80’s;
- 1886 Buffalo Café – Eau Claire and Bow River Lumber Company (The Pioneers);
- Prince’s Island Park pond bridge – Prince’s Island Park, The promising 40’s;
- Eau Claire Estate – the 90’s Rehabilitation;
- Joe Phillips Building – The Commercial District Prior To The First World War
- McDougall Centre – The Sandstone Era
- 7 St. / 3 Ave Corner – Old Calgary Sidewalk Stamps
- Trinity Lutheran Church – The War Years
- Free Small Library – Our diversity
- Peace Bridge – What does the future hold?